Wednesday, June 8, 2011

In Loving Memory of Grandpa

May 16, 2011: My grandfather passed away that morning. Grandpa Eddie was a great grandpa! He let us put curlers in his hair, play hide the thimble, play marbles like none other, and was great with wood as he tinkered in his wood shop in the basement of their house.


The boys Just got their new neckerchiefs and wanted to wear their

uniforms in Hays. Since the Funeral was a Military Funeral, the boys were able to

wear the uniforms.
It brought a tear to my eye when Devin gave grandpa Eddie a boy scout salute as the casket was being carried into the church. Another tear when the flag was folded and given to my dad at the burial since he too is a vertern.


I did not take but only two pictures that day, here is my sister and Aaron~ my Brother in Law at the Golden Coral for Lunch.

Following the lunch, my mom had dinner at her house that evening. We chatted and caught up with several relatives that I have not seen in years. I got the chance to meet my grandpa's youngest brother Vernie.


{My grandparents}

I miss the time spent as a child at my grandparents house playing paper dolls, shopping, visiting grandpa at work, driving in their car, going out to eat with them and so much more. Even though they are gone, I will never forget the memories we share!









No comments:

Post a Comment