Thursday, December 22, 2011

Early Christmas and Family Time

I had the most wondeful, long, weekend! My family came out Friday, The kids had their school music concert Friday:
After the preformace, my sister come over to "move in" for the next 3 nights.  Saturday morning we had a few last minute shopping stops before we had Christmas dinner at my house.   Everyone met at Red Robin for Lunch then Sharon and I took the kids ice skating in old town.
{Auntie Sharon and Kendall}
Yes, it was warm enough to NOT wear a coat. Andon was so fast, I could barley get a good picture of him.
Devin and Lauren
Jen and Sharon
After peeling Sharon off the ice(she would not stop ice skating, even tho the kids already turned in their skates and were ready to go...she kept skating) we headed home and started/finished cooking. Cindy and Scott made homemade toritillas, beans, and tamales, I made Pollo Con Salsa Roja (soup) and Steak Chile Rellenos. Sharon made queso and chips. 
Kids table-Kendall helped set it up while the others were trying to keep busy-bugging us about opening gifts.
I went with a red and white candy cane theme-kids had a felt mouse with a candy cane tail, red cups, white plates candy cane napkins, and different candies to accent the theme(candy canes, peppermint chocolates, hershey kisses) I bought candy cane confitti for the tables and found coasters that had naughty on one side and nice on the other.
Adult table: Scott and Cindy with Deon

No comments:

Post a Comment