Friday, February 4, 2011

FIVE for FRIDAY

It has been awhile since I posted a Five For Friday.
1. Sunday was a Deon and Jen day! We dropped the kids off at religion class and went to Austin's for Brunch-1st time there for breakfast-it was very good! Picked the kids up got them lunch and dropped them off at Aunt Cindy's house while we went to Cirque Du Soleil at the Budweiser Event Center. The show had wonderful costumes, props, and actresses/actors. However after seeing a couple other shows at Disney World, and the circus, I we a little disappointed. Deon and I would like to see the show in Vegas sometime, we are both sure it would be STUNNING!
2. While sitting at the show, the lady next to me was with a huge group of senior citizens, I overheard her talking about KS and thought I heard her say Hays? At intermission, I asked her about it-SURE ENOUGH one of her parent's was from Victoria, also family in Munjor, the women moved away at a very young age and spent most of her time in California. She is related to Dreiling's and Leiker's. Deon's mom is a Leiker but we seemed to not get far in conversation with her(personality type) as to if they were ralated or not. Her grandfather(?) put in one of the stained glass windows at the Victoria church and helped build it. Growing up in a community like Hays, I am sure her extended family knew both Deon's and my family somehow!
3. PTO spoke at Kindergarten open house last night. We set up a new system to help take some of the pressure off the board members. Left that night with several new parents and even experienced parents that signed up for a volunteer title this Fall! So excited about this!!
Which brings me to #4
4. Kindergarten open house...I was there as a parent as well. My youngest daughter will be going to Kindergarten this Fall. It is bitter/sweet, she is such a handful at home with her strong personality and my relaxed/laid back personality-we tend to clash. I am sad as well, because even though we are opposite personalities, I really miss her when she is gone for more than half a day. I will have no one to dance with, laugh with, do tea parties with, or help me bake the way she does :(
Plus the reality of my youngest starting school is beginning to sink in. I remember when she was born, I thought this day was WAY IN THE FUTURE! Well the future is here and I am not sure I am ready to admit it.
5. Deon got tickets from work to the CSU-CU hockey game at the Budweiser Event Center for tonight. Only problem is he could only get 4 tickets, so our friends-the White's- will watch Kendall for us. This is our first Hockey game EVER! I am excited to watch CSU vs. CU. Since I spent the last 12 years in Fort Collins, I most definitely will be cheering for CSU-GO RAMS!
6. I have one more post to blog about-tomorrow Kendall is going to Cheer camp at Pourde High, she is beyond excited, and waited for the day all WEEK. Afterwords she will have a sleepover at Aunt Cindy's-waited for this ALL WEEK AS WELL!! She packed for Cindy's on Monday, and added things to her suit case since.
As you can see, this week has been EXCITING-lots of excited posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment