Friday, October 14, 2011

FIVE for FRIDAY

Week in Review:
1. Last weekend was just a regular weekend here. Andon had a sleepover Friday, we had pumpkin patch plans but the rain canceled that! So I took the kids to the thrift store to find costumes, Devin is going to be a bat, I sewed black felt (bat wings)onto a black hoodie-now that's the kind of sewing projects I like. Nothing too completed, however I did spend lots of time ripping out the seems because I kept sewing the selves together :( Kendall is going to be a princess witch that I bought several years ago at Children's Place and she never wore. Andon is a magician-he has become fond of magic- We scored at the thrift store and found a magic kit for kids. He has been practicing EVERY NIGHT since, reading about magic, searching on the Internet and stumping everyone in the family (except me, I am his trusty assistent :)). He says magic and hockey are his 2 favorite things in life  :)
2. Preschooler went to the pumpkin patch Monday.
3. Tuesday we went to the pumpkin patch with our neighbor and his kids-which happens to be good friends to our kids too! They ran on hay bale mazes, a hay bale pyramid and picked pumpkins off the vine. The big boys loaded a bucket of chile's to split.
Bartles Pumpkin Patch
 Team Work
 3 BIG pumpkins
 And a full bag of Chilies
 $15-I love this place.
Not to mention, the owners are super sweet/nice. Preschool showed up 45 minutes early, they let us look around and have our snack while the owner set up.THEN-get this-Tuesday we showed up at 5:50...they close at 6:00!!! The owner let us stay as late as we needed to let the kids burn off energy. We showed up with 7 kids!
Bartles has the best decorations too!!
4. Thursday once a month is my Clone day-yep-that was the day!! PTO at 6:00, late parent pick up 5:45, & Cub Scouts 6:30. I need a clone from 6:30-7:00, please it's only 30 minutes? I guess god did send me a clone in the form of a GOOD friend! Kathy is 100% willing to help out with the scout meetings. SHE ROCKED last night. I told her the acheivement to do and she planned everything. I walked in and the boys were getting ready to play Monoply (money lesson). I am so lucky to have such wonderful friends!
I was always the shy girl in school. I had a few friends, One best friend, I now have several awesome best friends that I truely could not live without.
5. Tonight is the Fall Festival at the kids school. I am in charge of the games. We have a bean bag toss, pumpkin bowling, spider races, fishing booth, jumping rope/hula hooping, making book marks, harvet toss(I nailed baskets to a long piece of wood and the kids will toss fruit into the basket-an idea from Hello Kitty Wii...lol) and book walk(like the cake walk). I sorted prizes, made the games-helped Deon finish the fishing pond and orginized volunteers.-I think it will be a fun night...but...TGIF!!
 This weekend is another birthday party weeked! K-and I are going to the corn maze with girlscouts, then Cailyn's birthday party. The kids are entering the Lego Contest help at the Market in town, drop off their legos, Andon has a B-day party and then Devin has one Sunday!
Hope everyone has a great weekend :)

1 comment: