Thursday, October 27, 2011

Haunted Weekend

We arrived at 9:50 a.m. checked in and we were off the do Wrist Rockets. We got distracted at the small pond with the Big play ship.
On our into the light house(a light house must be by a body of water, have a boat, and the light house building to count as a Light house) we saw our friends inside playing BINGO. So we joined in, them climbed the tower.  This is the highest lighthouse in the USA. NOT the tallest, but the Highest, because it is at a higher elevation, it is the highest!

 Gravesite Hike started at 11:00 so we headed off to hike. Here is an old house that was built up there. Devin is exnaming the nail heads. The square heads were used built my hand (a blacksmith) and the round heads were make from a factory.

 This house is about the right size for Kendall!
After the hike was lunch:hot dogs, chips, cookies, Koolaid and veggies. 
Hmmm, I wonder if I could climb that tree? He thinks while the parents decide where to go next.
In Fort Unfug... bowling.
 And BB Rifle-look out boys!!


 Also Archery

After this the kids climbed around on huge bolders, Kendall and Andon did not want to waist any more time so I took them to pumpkin carving. Later we met the others at the Handicraft station. They made wooden frogs, leather coin holders, and neckerchif slide.
We set up camp:
 Climbed on the rocks next to our tents..
Dinner was served at 5:15-Beef stew, brownies, dinner rolls, and koolaid.
After dinner we(the kids) got into costumes and did a parade around the dining hall while the judges picked the best costumes.
 We had the Hunter, the magician, the bat, the warewolf bronco player and a witch.
Warewolf bronco player took first!!
From here we headed to a haunted house. Andon and I were to only two in my family to go, and it was not so haunted! After this the Garrison's left and we went to the on camp store and Andon got this:
Fudge bar, and we relaxed on the benches to kill time.
 My Loves!!
 Getting ready for bed-trying to stay warm...Andon played Mario Bros and drew on the DSi, Devin slept earlier, I watched Andon.
The kids fell asleep, I was felling too confined with long johns, fleece pants, three layers on top and a mummy sack. I could not sleep. It got so bad that I thought I was going to have to sleep in the van or worse yet...GO HOME. I decided to unzip the mummy bag and then I was able to sleep for longer periods. It was windy which was actually peaceful to listen too. It was just blowing at the tree tops.
Finally it was MORNING! I could not wait to get up and get moving! Breakfast was at 7:30 we had cold cereal, bagels, donughts, eggs, and coffee that was always out. We packed up our clothes, pillows, sleeping bags, rolled up the tents, wheel barrowed 2 loads of stuff to the van, checked out and we were off. The kids did great, No melt downs!! I went grocerey shopping and pet mouse shopping-We did come home to a dead mouse. Andons mouse was not doing so well when we left, I thought he was doing better :(
I got the house back to order before Monday so that we could start another organized work week.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment