Thursday, June 7, 2012

Good bye chore charts...

Hello chore sticks!
This idea puts more responsibility on the kids and LESS on me! I never did well with the chore chart idea-never worked for us.  So I collected a few different ideas and came up with something that I think will work for me and the kids... My neighbor used the photos on a jar idea-lather the photo with modge podge and rubber band til dry.  I saw the stick idea on pinterest. I just bought the jumbo craft sticks, painted them my kids favorite colors and wrote chores on them. When they do a chore, they put that chore stick in the jar with their photo on it.  When pay day comes, and sticks are not all in the photo jar...Sorry NO $. This is our first week and it is working good! I keep the jars on the book shelf between the dining room and living room.

No comments:

Post a Comment