Monday, June 18, 2012

Week in review

These creatures called Skylanders have taken over my living room...
I have bins that I like to "hide" items like the remotes, wii accessories, and a separate skylanders bin, but all the creatures are ending up on the TV shelves...agh-clutter!

At least the boys are having fun playing and it won't last forever-I just have to put on my blinders and not let it bug me :)

Bead camp at My Favorite Bead Store located just around the corner from me!
Kendall and Colin went last Tuesday and made a bracelet and necklace, made cookies, and this up cycled CD flower Mobil with tissue paper.  I hung it in her room with the name pendent I made from her birthday party last year.
Boys making a floating raft with 2 -5 gallon buckets and some wood, sadly the pool died because they poked a hole in it :(
Eating War Heads super sour Popsicles in the boys only club house
Kendall entered the town Dog Show...we had to help set up with Girl Scouts at 7:00 on Saturday and she wanted to get Dixie and enter her in the Dog Show.
 Dixie had her own agenda that morning and wanted nothing to do with being in the arena.  She kept getting out of her collar, the ring master had to step in and help.  I was laughing so much I had tears.  Kendall got 2nd place out of 2 dogs ;)  She said it was not fun and wants to get a little dog so she can enter it next year and control it better...she cracks me up!  However, Dixie was the most famous dog...the announcer kept mentioning Dixie throughout the day.
 Father's Day was SMOKEY, we had several days of relief from the smoke-NOT yesterday.  It was the worst it has been in a while. I was out and about in FTC even the east side of town was covered by a giant smoke cloud and falling ash.  It smelt terrible.  All I could do is think about all the dads out there fighting the fire and how their children were at home praying dad is safe.  My dad is a fire fighter and I remember those nights he would get called out and be gone for a while as I waited at home for him to return safely. 

Deon took Devin out mountain biking in the 100 degree heat and smoke then we all enjoyed dinner together, a walk with Dixie to the BMX field(in which Devin fell in a catius patch and got needles in his hand. I had to run home and get the car), then we had dessert-I made Lavender Truffle -Yum
Father's Day Dinner

And here is the recipe for the Lavender Truffles
1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp lavender(used some from the garden-the purple flowers)
Dutch coco powder for dusting
Place the chocolate and butter in a bowl.  In a sauce pan over high heat bring heavy cream to a boil . Remove from heat and add the lavender. Return to a boil then stain the cream/lavender mixture over the bowl with the chocolate and butter. Let set for 2-3 minutes until the chocolate and butter have melted then stir until the ingredients are well combined and smooth. Place mixture in fridge for 1/2 an hour until firm. Create truffles by scooping 1 tsp mixture and forming into 1" balls.  Roll in Cocoa powder and serve room temp.

No comments:

Post a Comment