Thursday, June 14, 2012

scout camp

June 4, 5, & 6th Boys had cub scout day camp.  I had off Monday because I was summoned to Jury Duty-I did not have to go so I took these 4 boys to camp
 Let me tell you...driving 8-10 year old boys around town is quite amusing the things they talk about. Evan discovered you can sit on your bucket without the lid and look what happens...
After camp I had an extra boy to bring home and a few groceries...lets just say the car was packed and I kinda (just for 30 seconds) missed the van.  The boys had to hold their buckets on their lap while we went to Sonic since I felt bad for them being out in the heat all day.

Andon shooting a wrist rocket and Devin watching something with the light blue hat
 Rope tying
 Soap carving
 BB gun shooting
 Quite time coloring and cutting out animals
 Scouts watching a native American performance
Boys were exhausted after camp everyday-thanks to Candice for the last 6 pictures!

Monday while I was off, I took Kendall to Liza's house (she was my backup plan in case I had jury duty)...well I took her there even tho I had the day OFF...Yes, I did feel guilty-But I enjoyed my morning grocery shopping, doing some chores around the house, lunch with Deon at Nordy's and back to Sunflower market for produce and meats, then Starbucks for coffees for Liza and myself.  When I pulled up to get my daughter...this is what I saw...

I thought 'where is my daughter, she must be inside watching a movie by herself or with Andrew'. It was strange since Liza and boys were outside playing in the sprinkler.  She was outside with the boys too... playing!  Kendall is a 100% girlie girl-dance, American Girl dolls, gymnastics, pink barbie bike, painted nails, tutus, dresses, skirts, even "workout" skirts for softball and PE instead of shorts. She only owns 1 pair of jeans and 3 pairs of shorts. Anyway...she can hang with the boys...it just so happens that most of my friends have boys about the same ages as my children. She fits right in and can hold her own-she is a girlie girl but not afraid to get dirty and keep up with Da-boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment