Sunday, May 9, 2010

Later that SunDay....

Lesson learned about putting off your to-do-list: this was a 5 year, back burner item and resulted in...(read on)

ENDING: Two walls are red and 2 are light tan, we moved the dresser which freed up extra space to play. I LOVE IT!(so do they!!)

SIX STITCHES LATER...
MIDDLE: that night after dinner, I was cleaning up the kitchen, Deon headed out the door to return a movie and the kids were playing hide-n-seek. JUST as Deon walked out the door, I heard Kendall crying and the boys rushed down to get me(they were panicked). I ran up to find Kendall on the top bunk with blood everywhere. The boys had put a cup of water on a fan blade and told Kendall to come look at it(WHILE THE FAN WAS ON and the bunk bed was moved right UNDER the CEILING FAN!!!). She stood up and as she said "I forgot to DUNK". Needless to say, the fan blade took a chunk right out of her forehead. I applied a wet towel to her head to stop the bleeding and as soon as Deon returned, we were driving to PVH (the ER). We talked the whole way there, I did not want her to sleep with a head injury. She was so good, we got in right away and talked about everything while waiting for the numbing to kick in. She cried and felt pain when they put stitches in. As a mom, this pulls at our heartstrings too. I felt the pain for her, I wish it could have been me instead. After, she got a kitty and the next morning was cruising down the stairs in a cloth toy bin. And to think she was the first one out of the three to get stitches...


BEFORE:
Later that Sunday, after our scouting event, we began painting the boys bedroom. This was a before picture, just plain white walls. Their room needed to be painted. It was on my to-do-list for the last 5 years!!
This is the corner wall that the bunk bed goes in, it will be red(both walls).

2 comments:

  1. Nice one Kendall!! LOL So glad all is okay! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love getting comments from you! I glad someone reads my blog :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete