Monday, July 16, 2012

American Girl Birthday Party

Kendall turns 6:

She got her 1st American Girl Doll from papa and Grandma

Birthday Girls:

 My American Girl cake I made, I did not want to buy more frosting for just that little section so I added a #6 candle.
{not finished}
{finished cake}

 I bought this wooden frame at the thrift store, painted it with chalkboard paint and Grandma Shirley wrote on it for me!
{Fun Photo Shoot}

Kendall and Cheyanne
 William and Andrew
Party Planning:

Streamers for outside- tied cut fabric using a "tutu" tie around twine

 The girls crafting out back in the tent-It was a "stay late" party. The girls brought PJ's and changed into them at 5:30, played dolls, did crafts, served doll sized food on doll sized plates, and tried to Keep the Boys OUT (notice the boys in background)!!
Doll sized smores to go with the movie-The American Girl McKenna movie was aired on TV the same night as the party! I bought the movie just in case we missed the movie.
My crafts planned for the girls: We made star wands with American Girl stickers, popcicle stickes and cardboard stars; Stencils and notebooks(I made the star note books with red foam and white paper; I sent home paper dolls-we were going to make envelopes to store them in but I ran out of time and I got those Cootie Catchers that we did not have time for either.
Kendall's farovite part of the party was crafts in the tent and presents-her least favorite was the boys bothering her and her friends in the tent.
We also did not have time for the movie and smores :(  I over planned for the party and it was a 4 hour party!
Each girl got a pillow case dress and badanna for their dolls
 After presents the boys and Lauren went swimming with grandpa and grandma and we did cake time and more doll/tent playing. The tent really kept 5 girls busy all evening!
When all the guests left, Deon, Kendall and I watched the movie and slept out in the tent!
Sunday Kendall got Holly the hamster(real hamster) from her brothers for her Birthday! Turning 6 was Awesome! Happy Birthday Kendall-ina!

2 comments:

  1. You did a great job!!! I loved the doll sized smores!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a super cool birthday party. My friend is planning to arrange a lovely get together on her successful promotion next week. Suggested her to go for any of the home studios NYC for lunch or dinner. Will make all the bookings of catering and baking in a day or so. I am also a bit confused to give a perfect motivational gift to her.

    ReplyDelete